Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181308 03/22/2007 12:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Hate to say it but the search funtion for 7.1 really sucks I have nothing but troubles with this . The older version that I was running 3.0 was a ton better. Even If I modify day week month year ,change how many letters that is allowed it still does not work. The money I spent for the upgrade means nothing if I can't use the search.

Somebody needs to fix this .

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Can you explain a bit more? I searched for the word "test" and all I changed was the date range, to the last "4 weeks" and I got 8 pages of results.

Rick #181312 03/22/2007 1:44 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Try the letters APPS. Or even KYB.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
APPS, using 8 weeks, gives me 2 pages of results. Currently, 3 character words are a limitation on how MySQL is configured in it's fulltext indexing. By default this is limited to only 4 character words or more.

For 7.2, I'll be adding in an option to use the old search engine for those that need to search for things less than 4 characters on systems where MySQL is only configured for 4 or more.

Rick #181317 03/22/2007 1:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Is there any way to disable the date function ?

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24
Anybody?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
You'd need to alter the search template to remove the dropdown and then pass a hidden variable for the date range that you want/need. One thing to note, the daterange is left in place so your searches don't hammer your database. The wider range you set for the default the more load this will place on your server when searches are performed.

Rick #200685 11/05/2007 1:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Our search results are being limited to 202 hits. What is creating this threshold and how do I remove it?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)