Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181559 03/26/2007 3:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
Hello,

A number of my users are complaining at receiving the following message when they try to post:

"The host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again."

Can you offer any further advice in regards this issue?

Thanks,
Dave


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Select Disable HTTP Referer Check? under Primary Settings - > advanced settings to disable the referer check....

Ian #181569 03/26/2007 5:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
ought to say that otherwise - users will need to adjust their firewall settings if this is not disabled.


Ian #181572 03/26/2007 5:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
Thankyou!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
[insert my bable that if your site suffers mass spam postings it is because you disabled this option vs having users adjust their firewalls and add all of the possible urls users can post from (multiple domain names) in the validation box]


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)