Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181696 03/28/2007 7:06 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
This is such a little thing, but it's had me beat for days now.

At the bottom of several pages is some text that appears directly against the background color of the page. The "Add New Event" text in the Calendar is one of many examples.

The style for this text is also the style for the links that appear on my Forums List page. The links on the Forums List page have to be a dark color, because the background is light, and the links that are against the page background color have to be a light color because the page background is dark. I can not seem to find a good color that is good for both, and I don't want to have to change my background colors to fix it.

Is there anywhere I can override the link color that appears against the page background?

Like I said, a seemingly small problem, but it's been making me crazy for days.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. smile

Rose #181697 03/28/2007 7:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Easy, set the default link color to what you want the calendar links to show as.

Then go and edit the other areas, breadcrumbs for example. Theres an "Extra Properties" option, which lets you set the link stylings for elements in that area.

So you can have seperate colors/stylings for items in differant areas, and nothing has to be the same color...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #181702 03/28/2007 8:27 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Oh my ... don't I feel silly. I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I was so focused on changing the link color on the page background that it didn't occur to me to change all of the others instead.

Thanks HEAPS for your help, Gizmo. smile I'm fairly new to style sheets and php, so I'm battling a bit.

Rose #181707 03/28/2007 10:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It's why I'm here wink... I know all this "new stuff" so it comes easy for me to help people get their bearings smile


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)