Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181709 03/28/2007 11:03 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Last one, and I'll stop (for tonight anyway). smile

I'd like to have the "Hop to" dropdown list appear above the topic list instead of below.

Any ideas?

Thanks. smile

Rose #181710 03/28/2007 11:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It's pretty crowded up there, but it involves hacking at your postlist.tpl file


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #181711 03/28/2007 11:16 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
I know it .. but my users always want quick navigation to the other forums. I'll have a look at that template file - thanks for the pointer. smile (I was looking in the entirely wrong place).

Rose #181814 03/31/2007 7:09 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
A good rule of thumb, for when you decide you want to customize pages; look at the URL of the page you're viewing, it says what template file to edit...

For example, the script to this discussion is:
ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=181711#Post181711

From that we see ubb= is showflat, which would be the showflat.tpl file.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #181882 04/01/2007 9:36 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Good tip Gizmo, and thanks.

This is not working for the posting icons though. Currently the default posting icon is the "book.gif", and I'd like the default to be "no icon". I've looked through dozens of files, both .tpl and .php, and I can not find where to change that default.

Rose #181884 04/01/2007 9:41 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm not entirely sure, it may be in the script file for that template; i've never really given changing the default image much thought...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)