Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
G
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
I don't have an explanation for this...
When I changed the RSS feed settings, all the feeds were rebuilt. When they were rebuilt, the "Posted by" string was missing before each author. Later, after they were rebuilt on the timer, the "Posted by" reappeared! Somehow, there must be a difference in how they're built, but I don't see it in the code.

I'm on 7.1.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Possibly the system that updates the items for a hard refresh is using a differant set of data than the automatic rebuilder... I think would need looking at none the less


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Looks like this was just a small problem with one of the language files. In the languages/english/admin/generic.php file there is a line that has:

$ubbt_lang['POSTEDBY'] = "Posted by";

That should be:

$ubbt_lang['POSTED_BY'] = "Posted by";


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)