Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#181903 04/02/2007 6:51 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
The default posting icon is the little note (book.gif). I'd like to change the default to be "no icon". I've spent a long time trying to find out where to change this default, and I just can't find it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks. smile

Rose #181909 04/02/2007 10:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I'm pretty sure you'd need to edit the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php script. Around line 1793 you'll see this:

if (!$icon) { $icon = "book.gif"; }

Try changing that to:

if (!$icon) { $icon = "blank.gif"; }

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Rick, thank you VERY much! That was making me crazy. Appreciate it. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Nice one Rick, I figured it'd be in the templates; yet i went against my normal advice of "everything important is in the lib file"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)