Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#182174 04/06/2007 12:04 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 6
This past weekend I did an upgrade from Threads 6.4.4 to 6.5.5 then right to 7.1.

Everything went smoothly, except all my users are complaining that all their deleted PMs from the past 3 years have suddenly reappeared. I'm quite surprised myself to see my PMs since January 2004 reappear.

Note that I was previously on 6.2.1, more than a year ago, so what's the deal here. These PMs were never actually deleted after all this time?

Matt
Psi Prime, Inc.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This is completely normal... This is the side effect of importing PM's...

Basically, there are 2 users to every PM, when one user deletes the PM it is still in the other users inbox. When importing it has to link the pm to its owners.

So, in order for PM's to be imported, they had to link all existing pm's to their owners, so any pm's that where in either users inbox will again show for both users.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)