Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
Hi,

I installed 7.1 in a new directory, ran the importer from 6.5.5., did all the control panel settings, and everything looks like it's all good.

Before I install the redirect scripts into the old directory and bring everybody over, though, I'm wondering about the images. When people look at old posts, are the images within those old posts still going to be drawn from the image subdirectories in the old installation directory?

So I either have to leave my images directories intact in the old installation directory or go into mySQL and replace the old image links with new ones? Or is there some mapping function for images that will end up pulling the image from the image subdirectories in the new installation directory?

Thanks,
Mary

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The image directories will need to remain as the importer doesn't move files they just import data


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 21
OK, thanks for the help, Gizmo.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Myself, after the move, I setup a redirect in my .htaccess file for the images, on another site I setup a symbolic link to redirect them to a new directory, or you could move them and replace links in your mysql database (though it'd be quite lengthy)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)