Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#182255 04/07/2007 12:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 309
Likes: 3
I would like to put some RSS Feeds on a number of my HTM webpages.

From the reasearch I've done so far, it seems that JavaScript would be the easiest way to accomplish this, but I'd like the Search Engines to see the content.

Any recommendations as far as the easiest way to do this and have some control over how it looks?

TIA,
Bill

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Your best bet would probably be to have some sort of PHP parser which would insert RSS data into a database then feeding the data to users via a dynamic page; I'm not too sure how much value I'd put in allowing a script to just write files to my webspace; at least parsing through php you could setup some sort of filters...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)