Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 197
I have a test user who is trying to post a message on my new 7.1 forum and he is receiving this message:
"The host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again. "

She says that she is not using a firewall. What else that can be?
I can post message (as a user) from here w/o any restrictions.

If I disable the 'Refer' check mark on the Admin, what else I will loose?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Just disable the refferer check,
it helps prevent spam that's all.

Mines Off


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yes, the short fix to subverting this error is to disable this setting.

The setting is there as a spam prevention feature; basically if the referrer variable cannot be read it spews this error; generally this happens when the user is using a firewall or security suite (or browser plugin) which filters out this variable.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)