Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#182458 04/11/2007 5:16 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
A
member
member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
A good idea for the future revision is can the login for userid /pass be able to be put onto a https on a webserver?

Now days with only secure pop3 login, sftp or ftp ssl and dropping normal ftp, it seems we need to be able to offer a SSL login option.

Even if someone is on the plain http and hits login, the script can redirect the http login script off to the https server.

I don't think installing the entire UBB onto https makes sense, its just the userid /pass that you want to secure, so only the logins need SSL

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It's possible; I have my entire traffic with the option of SSL (I have a hack at UBBDev for it, I think it's listed as full url support for multi domains/ssl)...

From there it'd just be a matter of adjusting the login link to use a custom url and direct to that...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
A
member
member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 96
Gizmo,

I think found the two files in /ubbthreads/scripts for the login and out?
login.inc.php
logout.inc.php

So I need to find the files where they are called up from, to simply edit them to the https: path

Any idea's what are the files I need to edit?

Or do you have the actual post over on ubbdev so I can see what needs top be modified?

Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
i think the header.tpl holds the link to login, seeing as thats where the "welcome user logout" line shows.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)