Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
I'm sorry I have done a search but I cannot find the answer I need.

I am ready to import my classic board into threads.

Question:
Do I need to turn off both the new threads boards that I have set up and am importing into AND the current classic boards that I am importing from?

Thank you

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Close your classic forum definately; you don't need users creating data that will in all likiness not be imported.

As for the threads board, I'd close it as well


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
OK thank you. They will both be closed.
Big day tomorrow smile

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Have you done a test import?

That way you can be aware of any issues you may have
before the announcment to the world.

It could take a while, long night ??

------------
Isnt the set up and the import one move?
Its been a while so i may be wrong.

But the installer for the import, imports your classic
then sets up the database tables.

If you have a test "Blank" table i dont think you
can import to that ??


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
No test import, because it is just too big. But after asking a lot of questions I'm quietly confident.

I do have another question though (do I win a prize for most Qs?):

I will close threads before doing the import. However, should I stay logged in (as admin) when I start the import, or should I log out? (Or does it not matter?)

Thank you!

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Gizmo has answered the most post, and i dont think he's got
a prize, so i think the answer is No.

Where saying stay logged out so no data or files are written too while the import takes place, as the importer could be trying to access that file at the same time.

When you run the importer i'm sure you have to log in as admin,
its been about 6 months since i done mine and i'm begining
to forget frown

The Upgrades keep me fresh smile


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
What's your site ?
you can pm me if you wish?
Or Ignore me lol...


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Good luck i'm sure it will go fine smile


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Thank you!

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Quote
Where saying stay logged out so no data or files are written too while the import takes place, as the importer could be trying to access that file at the same time.

When you run the importer i'm sure you have to log in as admin,
its been about 6 months since i done mine and i'm begining
to forget

Actually reading that again I'm a bit confused:

Both boards will be turned off.
New threads board I'm importing into - stay logged in as admin?
Current classic board I'm importing from - logged in as admin or not?

If someone can clarify that as clear as possible it will help.
Sorry for such detail.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Okay just for you, and this is from memory.

Logout of everything, and close classic to public.

You will use a special path to run the importer.
You get a log in screen for the importer.
And its there you will enter your admin details.

So your logged in now to the importer of threads smile

You wont be able to log in to the New Threads until the import
has completed, as the importer will create the tables and such.

At the end when its all done, you will get a message saying
you can now log into your forums.

THREADS smile


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by willing
I will close threads before doing the import. However, should I stay logged in (as admin) when I start the import, or should I log out? (Or does it not matter?)
You have to be logged in as an admin to run the importer iirc.

classic it doens't matter if you're logged in or not.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 678
Thanks folks


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)