Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
OK, I'm not exactly sure what this is called, but I have a couple of users that have placed links in their signatures to their website which pulls an image into their signature. (Does that make sense?) The image is basically an advertisement. How can I stop this? I don't have "Allow HTML?" checked for any of my forums which is what I thought would have governed this ability?

Can anyone tell me if there is something else I need to be checking or unchecking?

As always thanks for any thoughts you can share!
Winter

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Sounds like "Allow Images in Signatures":
CP -> Master Settings -> Feature Settings -> General Tab -> Allow [img] tag in signatures?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
I thought that might be the place to look, but I have unchecked it also. It still did not correct the problem...I wonder if it only checks when someone initially sets up or modifies their signature?

winter

(By the way, thanks for the reply!)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Could you paste EXACTLY what is set as the users signatures? Do this through the member management page and post here using the [code] tags so nothing gets parsed.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Also, was this an import from a previous product?

W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
Here you go...and thanks again!

Code
[url=http://www.firstgiving.com/dmcrun][image]http://www.firstgiving.com/design/1/images/badges/firstgiving_badge10.gif[/image][/url]
[b].........Cure Autism through Research.........[/b]

I think the fact that it was already set as his signature before I unchecked the option may be the problem. I went in and changed his signature (deleted just the "http" from what is above, saved it, then pasted the "http" back and saved it again) and now the image no longer shows...just the words "[image]http://www.firstgiving.com/dmcrun..."

And no, this was not an import from a previous product. Although I upgraded my board from a Classic board, these are a couple of new users since that timeframe.

Last edited by winter; 04/29/2007 6:26 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm wondering if the [img] tag block isn't blocking the [image] tag...

You could just nuke that block from the offending users and then if they can add it back you'll know for certain.

BTW, if you upgraded from classic, it is an import wink... It could be that they had the sig in classic and the import just carried it over.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Since the signature is only checked/parsed when it's edited or changed, disabling the image tag won't have an affect on those that already have an image in their signature.

Not too sure if there is an easy way around that, since to have it retroactive it would need to check everyone's signature in the database which would be a pretty long query/update on a site with a substantial number of users.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 692 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29