Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#183518 04/30/2007 1:35 PM
J
J Offline
Hi -

I'm just purchased ubb.threads standard and am planning on updating from ubb classic 6.5.0. I'm assuming once I get my license I'll be able to upgrade to 6.7.x and then to ubb threads 7.1.1. I have a couple of questions:

1.) I have 2800 members and a whole lot of them are spam registrations - once I move them all to 7.1.1 is there a tool that will allow me to delete the bads ones without having to go through them 1 at a time? For example, allowing me to list 50 at a time with their names and emails and have a delete checkbox next to each one.

2.) When I FTP into /cgi-bin/ubb/Members/ my FTP client says Output Truncated to 2000 matches - I think the host is doing this to prevent Denial of Service attacks. Any idea how I can get a list of my whole directory? Do I have to contact my web host or is there something I can do myself in cpanel?

Thanks for the help.

Justin Arey
DA7.COM soon to be audiotalkback.com

Last edited by Justin1524; 04/30/2007 1:37 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
FYI, you don't have to buy a separate license to upgrade to threads; your UBB.Classic license just needs renewed (a difference of about $100). (If you ever end up with a spare license, keep me in mind :ahem:)

Your assumption about the upgrade route is correct, the UBB7 importer from Classic requires that you be in the 6.7 release of UBB.C to properly read all data.

UBB7's control panel looks a LOT like UBB.c6, in either product you can use the member management screen to search for users, then select them and choose delete from the dropdown at the bottom of the page; or you could also choose "all users in search"; I'm not sure offhand how many users show per screen however (I believe it's like 25?).

This error is an error set by your ftp server, as a user you have 0 control over its configurations; you'll need to contact your host. In short, they need to make a change to their /etc/pure-ftpd.conf file and set the value for the LimitRecursion values.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
J
J Offline
Yes I looked into this and it was not renewable - too old I guess. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be deleting spam registrations for a while after I import.

Last edited by Justin1524; 04/30/2007 6:51 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Justin1524
Yes I looked into this and it was not renewable
hmm, odd... I renewed mine that was bought in 99 to gold, scary i know :X...

Originally Posted by Justin1524
Looks like I'll be deleting spam registrations for a while after I import.
You could do it as pre-upgrade maintenance; it'd make the import go at least a little faster.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I though all licences were for life - it is purely the support/membership area that expires.

Heck even my wwwthreads licence is still valid smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I help you part with old licenses wink :AHEM: lol...

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
You 'aint having any of mine tongue

But I will offer a higher price than Gizmo wink tongue wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
lol, now now, selling your license is against the rules... gifting them for a donation isn't wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 803 guests, and 448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29