Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
I have my old forum updated to 6.7.3 Classic on DA7.COM

I have a fresh install of UBBThreads 7.1.1. on audiotalkback.com

Is it possible to use the importer between the two separate web hosts or do I need to copy over my cgi-bin and ubb (non-cgi) directories to the new host first - then run the importer.

I'm having trouble because it's 30,000+ files. I was able to run a backup in a tar file using cpanel and download that but I'm now trying to FTP the two directories and it's taking forever. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Justin Arey

Last edited by Justin1524; 05/01/2007 2:44 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I believe you are going to need path info for the import, so they will need to be on the same server. It's a pain, but worth it in the long run. smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
You could, transfer from server to server if both hosts allow ssh access. Would save the download/upload part. tarring then transferring is probably your fastest route tho.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 23
I didn't have ssh access so I asked my host service to do it and they did. Using the importer now - Cool!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)