Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#184436 05/18/2007 5:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 57
Is there a way to change the 'portal layout' for guests? I have a private board, and users are concerned that their shout box posts can be seen by the world and/or google. I could find no other way to completely disable guest access other than limiting each forum.


RnJpZW5kc2hpcCB3aXRoIHRoZSB3b3JsZCBpcyBob3N0aWxpdH
kgdG93YXJkcyBHb2QuICBKYW1lcyA0OjQ=
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Some of the info in a similar thread I started will probably help:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/184025

I haven't found a way to totally remove the shoutbox for guests though; you can stop guests from seeing the "shouts" but not the actual shout box itself.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I believe the shoutbox is handled differantly than the calendar script in regurds to the member only ticks; I know theres a way to make it show regged only but not offhand.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)