Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hello,

I was testing out a first post to make sure everything worked as a user/moderator/admin. I created a "fake" user and moderator to do this. All worked great, so I immediately deleted all of my testing post so they wouldn't remain in the forum.

When I returned to the front page forum, the thread and post #s were huge! I know this has happened to me before while I was playing about the screens, but this is the first time I noticed HOW it happened.

I know I can just add another forum for the same type as before and then delete the messed-up one. But, is there a better way to fix these numbers without deleting all posts in the forum and starting over? Is this a bug maybe?

I remember getting a message that said I couldn't delete the first post in a new forum. Hmmmm, that will make it difficult to play and test a bunch before feeling confident about opening the board full time.

When this happens, the island displaying the Forum STats is wrong; and it looks wrong.

Here's an example from the forum I was playing in; notice the 2 large #s? Why did it do this?

Pre-Anniversary
The first vocational version of Gregg Shorthand also referred to as "Gregghand". Five (5) publications: 1888, 1893, 1897, 1903, 1916.

4294967295 4294967295
- New Forum

Gotta go... Thank you. Ms. Trix

[Linked Image from shorthandclasses.com]
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This happens on a few different server types for some reason. I think I have a fix for it, which I can test on your install tomorrow.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You know, I've got to say that this is the most fun bug i've ever noticed...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Hi Rick,
Were you able to come up with a possible fix for this? My admin and I have done quite a bit of testing. I went in today to delete them but the same thing is happening. Any time I delete a first post, the post and thread #s mess up. The only way to fix this is to delete the entire forum and create a new one. Bummer!

Can this get fixed pretty soon? Thanks.

Hi Rick, I'm still having trouble with this. I know you've been busy, but you did say you wanted to try something. That's why I haven't deleted the 4 forums with bad thread and post numbers because I thought you were going to fiddle with stuff and needed me to keep these forums as they are so you could see for yourself what was happening in case this would help you get this bug fixed.

If you don't think you can take a look pretty soon, that's okay. I'll go ahead and delete them all and re-create them. The public has not started posting yet and this will work out fine. Thanks.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
What I thought would work, didn't appear to make any difference. Go ahead and delete them. I've got a couple of changes to the sql library that I've done for 7.2, that I'll try on your site either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Excellent! Wild Thing, I tink I wuv u! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 692 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29