Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#184983 05/28/2007 11:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
In 6.7 Classic We were able to prevent replies to posts in selected forums. We have a Trading Post forum and we want to force users to contact sellers directly rather than get into discussions.

In 7.1.1 I don't see this feature, at least not where it was in 6.7. Is this possible in 7.1.1?

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by KmacK; 05/28/2007 11:55 AM.
KmacK #184984 05/28/2007 1:11 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
You can make any of the forums read only by accessing the forum permissions, but perhaps you want them to be able to post, but not reply. If that's the case, I don't know if you can do that.

Rose #184985 05/28/2007 1:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
You could always close the topic wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #184989 05/28/2007 2:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Mark S
You could always close the topic wink

Tried that and got a dozen complaints that this indicated the items were sold. That took about 1 hour.

Read only doesn't work, as you said, then no one can post.

Can't win, I guess... cry

Ken

KmacK #185011 05/28/2007 7:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
when threads7 was created I think one permission set was overlooked... The ability to post a new thread and not allow replies... I'm pretty sure that both Classic and threads in versions 6 could do this...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #185031 05/28/2007 8:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I know we're still working on 7.2, but expanding the permissions is something that's slated for 7.3. I was going to try and sneak it in for this version, but it requires some pretty big control panel changes for the direction I'd like to go. So, while it's not something you can currently it is definite something that is scheduled to be put in.

P.S. It's very hard to type when the wife makes you spend the entire day putting in a new garden wink

Last edited by Rick; 05/28/2007 8:16 PM.
Rick #185035 05/28/2007 8:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
That happens too me, hands and arms shake lol..
Wait until the morning, you wont be able to stand lol...

I'm cool with 7.3 wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #185043 05/28/2007 10:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
i'm allergive to pretty much anything outdoors, so i say bah humbug :z


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)