Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
How can I change the default display time in a forum to longer than 3 months worth of messages? I want to change this setting not just for me as the group owner, but as the default for all group members. Where is this in the control panel? Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Bryan

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
cp >>> Forum Setting >>> and on the first page of the forum you select there is a drop box, you can choose per forum in there.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 46
thanks...2 more questions:

1. How do I change how many topics are displayed per page for all forums in my community?

2. How do I change the default search time frame to be longer, i.e., longer than "newer than 1 week"?

Thanks,

Bryan

Last edited by theskyking; 06/02/2007 10:38 AM. Reason: more questions!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
1) - General / Forum Display Options
2) - Feature Settings / Search

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
BTW - your best method for a new forum is to go through each and every option within the control panel to set each feature to your own requirements for your community.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)