Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#185843 06/06/2007 6:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I'm probably going to regret this at the first answer, but...

What is the difference between

Read and Reply Only and Read and Write

Thanks smile
d.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Read only = You can only (See) read the content. No opportunity to reply.

Read and Reply :
You (See) Read the content and also reply too.
But you can not Start a New Topic, only Reply to a one thats started.

Rick has the change log set to "Read Only"
Forum FAQ by Gizmo is set to "Read Only"

Hope that helps...

Mark walks away laffin lol


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Cheers Mate,
I've not needed these functions previously.

Thanks for clearing things up smile

d.

Quote
Mark walks away laffin lol
It was a daft question - I suppose...

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
I wouldn't have laughed at you driv .. well, I wouldn't have told you I did anyway. smile

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
smile

Actually, I'm starting to think it's not such a daft question.

When I asked a couple of colleagues about this, they thought it was a little vague.

Writing and replying imply similar functions, don't they?

The difference between write and reply only is not immediately obvious.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Originally Posted by Mark S
Mark walks away laffin lol
@
Originally Posted by driv
I'm probably going to regret this at the first answer, but...


smile smile

I had to ask is Gizmo real or a Robot ?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I am Gizmo v8.5 :nods:


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Makes me wonder what Gizmo v0.9b was like :shudder: laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
he was slow and inefficient and was replaced with a very small shell script wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
du du dum <pause> du du dum <pause> dann naaaa naarrrrr ~

Terminator music is qued and Gizmo is re-born as the T-2 Model.

Ability to mould and shape to any thing he come into contact with!

Lets hope he grabs a beach ball first then lol

All in good fun lol


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The Terminator Beach Ball... It Ain't Yo Momma's Beach Ball...

Immagine, a 2 ton beachball, made of intelligent liquid steel... lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by driv
Read and Write


Perhaps should be Read, Reply & Start New

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The permission system will be getting a bit of an overhaul come 7.3, so this will all change a bit wink

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
hummm interesting "grasshopper" wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Rick
The permission system will be getting a bit of an overhaul come 7.3, so this will all change a bit wink
sounds yummy


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well THAT sounds to be one of the best updates I've heard (not that the others are not great)


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)