Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3678 09/24/2006 8:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
Ok, so How do I make it so that UBBthreads is my home page?

In other words. I want to have it so that when people go to www.backofthenet.com it is UBBthreads they see WITHOUT a redirect page. Can this be done?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'd create an index.php file containing:
Code
<?php
header('Location: http://www.yoursite.tld/ubbthreadsdir/ubbthreads.php');
?>


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
OR make ubbthreads.php your start page. Very similar to Default or index.html when administering your website if you own your own server.


Happy Customer !!!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
Seems like there should be a way to do this in the UBB.t Control Panel.



Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
You could use .htaccess

Using .htaccess, you can define additional index filenames and/or change the order of precedence. To define your index page as ubbthreads.php add the following line to your .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex ubbthreads.php

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I'd create an index.php file containing:
Code
<?php
header('Location: http://www.yoursite.tld/ubbthreadsdir/ubbthreads.php');
?>


Oh just do
Code
<?php
include('./ubbthreadsdir/ubbthreads.php');
?>

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by Ian Spence
Oh just do
Code
<?php
include('./ubbthreadsdir/ubbthreads.php');
?>

That right there works bestest. laugh


Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by driv
DirectoryIndex ubbthreads.php
I do this

Originally Posted by Stilgar
Originally Posted by Ian Spence
Oh just do
Code
<?php
include('./ubbthreadsdir/ubbthreads.php');
?>

That right there works bestest. laugh
You COULD do this wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
yours worked too, Gizzy! *waves*


Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Stilgar
yours worked too, Gizzy! *waves*
:yey:


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Always more than one way to skin a cat laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 75
Eeeeew! blush


Stilgar
Are you ready for v8?
"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is occasionally a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants operation. That is the designed behavior." - CC

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)