|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956 |
on 22.may we have a law change in germany. All business e-mails must now contain a signature and in the signature you have to enter your real name, your address and must containn your finacial number or trading register number. If you miss this its against the law and open the door for expensive reminders from lawyer. I write this to remind you that ubbt send out system e-mails while registering in the forum or posting subscriptions. Check all language strings that are used for e-mail and be sure to enter the propper information! Next reminder: if this are business e-mails you have to archive them for ten years in a reproduceable format without changes. Now I post a german text with more informations about this: hiermit möchten wir Sie gerne auf eine wichtige Gesetzesänderung aufmerksam machen, welche für alle Unternehmen Auswirkungen auf den geschäftlichen E-Mail-Verkehr zur Folge hat. ACHTUNG: Nutzen Sie die E-Mail-Kommunikation ausschließlich für private Zwecke, so ist keine Beachtung der nachfolgenden Informationen erforderlich. Bereits zum 01.01.2007 ist seitens des Gesetzgebers eine Neudefinition für die gesetzlichen Vorschriften an Geschäftsbriefe erfolgt. Nach dieser neuen Regelung ist neben der Geschäftskorrespondenz in Papierform (Briefe, Rechnungen, Bestellungen, etc.) auch über Telekommunikationssysteme erstellte bzw. übermittelte Korrespondenz als Geschäftsbrief anzusehen und erfordert somit die Angabe der jeweiligen Pflichtinformationen. Für den geschäftlichen E-Mail-Verkehr ergibt sich somit die Notwendigkeit, in E-Mails die entsprechenden Informationen wie beispielsweise die Handelsregisternummer, den Sitz sowie je nach Rechtsform die Geschäftsführer oder Vorstände eines Unternehmens mit an den Empfänger zu übermitteln. Während diese Regelungen bisher ausschließlich von eingetragenen Unternehmen beachtet werden mussten, wurde die Gültigkeit mit dem Inkrafttreten der reformierten Gewerbeordnung nun jedoch auch auf nicht im Handelsregister eingetragene Unternehmen ausgeweitet. So besteht seit dem 22.05.2007 u.a. auch für Einzel- und Kleinunternehmer die Pflicht, in der geschäftlichen E-Mail- Korrespondenz beispielsweise neben dem ausgeschriebenen Namen auch eine ladungsfähige Anschrift anzugeben. Bei Nichteinhaltung der gesetzlichen Vorgaben an einen Geschäftsbrief droht neben Zwangsgeldern von bis zu 5.000,00 € auch die gezielte Abmahnung aufgrund fehlender Pflichtangaben - die Folge ist die Berechnung von Abmahngebühren oder "Aufwandsentschädigungen", wie man sie bisher beispielsweise bei fehlenden Angaben zur Mehrwertsteuer bei Preisauszeichnungen kennt! Zur Einhaltung der gesetzlichen Vorschriften sowie zur Vermeidung von unnötigen Kosten empfehlen wir daher, für den E-Mail-Verkehr Ihres Unternehmens möglichst umgehend eine Ergänzung der jeweiligen Angaben, z.B. in Form einer angepassten Mailsignatur, vorzunehmen! +-----------------------+ Weitere Informationen +-----------------------+ Detailinformationen zur neuen Regelung sowie zu den auf Geschäftsbriefen und in E-Mails zu machenden Pflichtangaben erhalten Sie über die nachfolgend genannten Links. Über den ersten Link können Sie in Erfahrung bringen, welche Informationen genau für die Rechtsform Ihres Unternehmens vorgeschrieben sind. http://www.hk24.de/produktmarken/re...hmensgruendung/pflichtangaben_briefe.jsphttp://www.hk24.de/produktmarken/re...hmensgruendung/pflichtangaben_emails.jsphttp://www.dr-bahr.com/news/news_det_20070608002042.htmlhttp://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gewo/index.htmlSofern Sie nicht sicher sind, ob und wie die neue Regelung auf Ihre Geschäftskorrespondenz zutrifft, so empfehlen wir, Ihren Rechtsbeistand um Rat zu fragen, um unnötige Kosten für Abmahnungen oder Zwangsgelder vermeiden zu können.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
sounds anal  ... Sig Heil! :x
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
If it turns out to be correct[1] - it's going to cost them a lot of money in policies, procedures and storage.
I like the idea of the name & addy in the sig - it gives a degree of accountability.
Yes, I know that addresses will be faked, but then it gives the authorities a reason to prosecute the offenders (spammers).
[1] Remember a few years ago when the european commision was going to 'ban' cookies? Bloody idiots!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
what a lot of rubbish! I am not saying that Zarzal is wrong, but the German government is wrong!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I like the idea of the name & addy in the sig - it gives a degree of accountability.
Yes, I know that addresses will be faked, but then it gives the authorities a reason to prosecute the offenders (spammers). Agreed x2 what a lot of rubbish! I am not saying that Zarzal is wrong, but the German government is wrong! Wouldn't be the first time :x
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956 |
Gizmo, I cant write all in english because its to complex. But whats going on here in germany frighten me. We have an minister of the interior (Innenminister) who try to make his own law and dont take care of the Constitution. Total control of the citizen linke in Orwells 1984.
But the main problem in theses laws: The first part of peaople who know this are lawyer. They are quick as possible to write reminders to you and you have to pay ... it begins from 1500euro up to no limit just for writing a serial letter. Most time you have to answer such a letter in 1-2 days (they send ist on friday).
Traps every where and the normal user have to pay, pay, pay, pay. It sucks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
<snicker> we have the same beurocratic bullcrap here in the states too my friend  ... Read up about "Net Neutrality" to see what we're dealing with... they want to charge us to access specific sectors of the internet... I know you all probably have the same thing, but they're really pushing it here lol... those prices are crappy, all they want is money... It's really quite sad
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956 |
Ian, you are right. But it's only a handfull of people: Mr.Schäuble (minister of the interior, Innenminister) and Ms.Zypris (Attorney General, Justizministerin) and her state helper such as Mr. Beckstein.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
I hope Germany doesn't get pushed back twenty odd years in these sort of policies... Mind you here in the UK, we are also rapidly going down the drain  I reckon in 12-24 months I will have moved abroad, maybe Spain, maybe USA or even down under....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Net Neutrality my friend, go to canada lol... Thats where I plan to flee sooner or later :x..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Nah, Victoria BC, Canada; all the benefits of home, decent weather, and free healthcare!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
Mind you here in the UK, we are also rapidly going down the drain  Anyone doing any sort of UK e-commerce is going to have a shock when they try to comply with the new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). I have to get my act together by next month, or expect a considerable fine "(in excess of £100,000)". I can either do it myself (the forms are extremely complex and you have to download other forms to understand them  ), use an "extremely expensive" independant assessor or (guess what...) use the banks 'business partner'...... Talk about being caught by the short & curlies! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Base your business in the USA with a CTO of your choosing, then you can just due with our lack of caring lol...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
Mind you here in the UK, we are also rapidly going down the drain  Anyone doing any sort of UK e-commerce is going to have a shock when they try to comply with the new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). I have to get my act together by next month, or expect a considerable fine "(in excess of £100,000)". I can either do it myself (the forms are extremely complex and you have to download other forms to understand them  ), use an "extremely expensive" independant assessor or (guess what...) use the banks 'business partner'...... Talk about being caught by the short & curlies!  Its getting so expensive to go it alone with on line transaction. Most people i know are now happy to settle with pay pal. There not volume customers 
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
Base your business in the USA with a CTO of your choosing, then you can just due with our lack of caring lol... How many sheds do you have in your back garden gizmo, we can used them as our business addresses lol
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Actually, the Post Office up the street allow for a physical address vs a po box number...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
very hard though for us to set up a US bank account - apart from in Delaware I think  Trust me I have tried. I have a USA phone number (Washington), but would prefer a business address etc.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
Mind you here in the UK, we are also rapidly going down the drain  Anyone doing any sort of UK e-commerce is going to have a shock when they try to comply with the new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). I have to get my act together by next month, or expect a considerable fine "(in excess of £100,000)". I can either do it myself (the forms are extremely complex and you have to download other forms to understand them  ), use an "extremely expensive" independant assessor or (guess what...) use the banks 'business partner'...... Talk about being caught by the short & curlies!  just use someone like WorldPay - no issues then
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
There is an EMAIL_SIG variable in the generic.php language file. For those that will need to comply, they can add their information into here and it will be attached to all emails.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
just use someone like WorldPay - no issues then Really? So worldpay clear and bank the transactions? I'm just concerned about exchange rates. We buy all our products in the UK and only sell in the UK. I couldn't afford to take chances on a duff rate. (Average transaction >= £1000)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
|
|
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956 |
There is an EMAIL_SIG variable in the generic.php language file. For those that will need to comply, they can add their information into here and it will be attached to all emails. Very nice to know.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
It was added wayyyyyyyyyy back 
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
just use someone like WorldPay - no issues then Really? So worldpay clear and bank the transactions? I'm just concerned about exchange rates. We buy all our products in the UK and only sell in the UK. I couldn't afford to take chances on a duff rate. (Average transaction >= £1000) Worldpay will do everything in UKP - they are part of NatWest - they act as the merchant bank. I have had an account with them for a few years. You can also use multiple other currencies if you wish
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579 |
Wow .. while I like the accountability, I hate the concept. VERY socialist. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
Wow .. while I like the accountability, I hate the concept. VERY socialist.  I think it applies equally to both extremes. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097 Likes: 1 |
George Orwell's literary masterpiece "1984" appears to have only been off by about 30 years, but mind you IT'S COMING and no one is going to be able to stop it. ROFL Well maybe I'll be of age to check out by the time it's in full swing, or have Alzheimer's and not care 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
George Orwell's literary masterpiece "1984" appears to have only been off by about 30 years Living in the UK, we notice that we are closer to his vision than most countries. By this, I mean that I believe we have more cctv cameras here than in any other country. (I think!) Having said that, as a fine law-abiding citizen (these days  ), I have nothing to fear by them  Did anyone every see the outstanding Peter Cook satirical movie The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer ? The synopsis does not do it justice - but you get my drift? (In retrospect, I like the idea of voting by remote control - this was 1970!)
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
118
guests, and
136
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|