Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#187653 06/18/2007 10:24 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145
member
member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145
What is this? Why would I need it? How would it be advantageous to my forums?

cp ->DB, Paths & URLs -> Database Configuration tab...

Use Persistent Connections?
Only enable after speaking to your web hosting provider and ensuring that they allow PERSISTENT_DB_CONNECTION connections

Thank you.


[Linked Image from shorthandclasses.com]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I would highly advise against enabling this unless you specifically own the server you're utilizing. Utilizing persistant connections will at times get your site shut down by your webhost without any notice...

For a quick rundown about what it is, click here


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145
member
member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 145
Duhh, I'm glad I asked. Thanks bunches. The link was helpful too.
Bye now,


[Linked Image from shorthandclasses.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)