Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#187731 06/19/2007 10:25 AM
stranger
stranger
I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I follow the basic directions for inputing the strings into the PHP.INI and even went so far as to download the newest version of PHPMailer and put it directly onto the server. But still, my emails will not send out. According to my server there are not issues and the information that I put into the ini with regard to the mail server and such is correct.

I have been doing this for three days and have yet to get a single email to send. Someone please help. I will even send you copies of the php.ini or whatever files you are needing.

Dark Obsessions RPG - www.darkobessions-rpg.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hacking at the php.ini is well beyond the scope of the UBB; I highly doubt that too many of the users here even know what the php.ini is or what it's for in the first place, let alone how to hack at its settings...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
stranger
stranger
turned out to be within the .htaccess file

Had to put in lines telling it to add php

But seems rather odd that you would say that Hacking at the php.ini isn't something to be known of or done by UBB when the documentation of the phpmailer within the program tells you to do just that within its readme file.

Anyway, we got it working now, thanks.

Dark Obsessions RPG - www.darkobessions-rpg.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The UBB itself is a web script; the assumption when downloading it is that your webserver is configured properly to allow php scripts to run; it's not within the scope of the ubb to hack at settings in the php.ini as it should run with the default settings that come with php (at least when rolled out from a webhost); if a server isn't configured properly to run php scripts it's more a webhost issue vs a ubb issue...

In any case, I'm glad that you got it all sorted out.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,277 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29