Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#188106 06/22/2007 3:09 AM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
G
GSH
Offline
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Is there a way to add polls to a forum? I thought that I read somewhere that that was doable in this version of ubb.threads 7.1.1?

And if so, can the polls be restricted?

Thanks,
-GSH-

GSH #188111 06/22/2007 4:17 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You turn the ability on in the forum settings; additionally theres a seperate option for allowing polls in responses.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #188118 06/22/2007 8:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
G
GSH
Offline
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Thanks Gizmo for the response.

These are the options available to me -

Allow Members to create polls?
Administrators and Moderators can always create polls

Allow Polls to be created in replies?

None of which I have a check mark in. I do not (at least at present) want my members to create polls. From what I can gather, both options, if checked will allow members to do so.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
- GSH -


GSH #188123 06/22/2007 9:49 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
If you tick them, then members can create polls, left blank they cannot.

Always a good idea to have a sign-on as a member and you can always check to see what they can and can't do.

Ian #188308 06/22/2007 7:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
G
GSH
Offline
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
Hey Ian, I'll take care of that in two and two crazy .

Thanks,
- GSH -

Last edited by GSH; 06/22/2007 7:17 PM. Reason: Wrong Props!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)