Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
1) How do I change the style for the text in the custom island body?

2) Can I make the top margin for the entire page/site zero?

3) Is it possible to use the left/right columns on all pages except the calendar page? How?

3) No matter what I do, the breadcrumb navigation shows in its own color, not the one I specified under styles. Help?

Thanks!

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
1. Its done with css (Edit your style sheets)
2. I would think so (css again i think)
3. Nope
4. Again Style Sheet.

It takes time to master a style sheet,
but we all played for hours in the start too wink

If i knew the answers to hand i would post them for you
but i don't sorry. But its where you need to start looking.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
petiole, I'm no master at this sort of thing either. I swear I played with those styles for a week until I started getting the hang of it. Once I did, it was fairly easy, but there is a learning curve. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
1. The text in the custom island's body is controlled by the leftalt-1 and rightalt-1 classes in the style you're using.

2. Yes, see the "body" class in the style you're using.

3. Not currently, no; you may try requesting a modification at ubbdev.

4. A. Be sure you're using the style you're editing the colors of. B. Be sure you're setting the "special properties" for the breadcrumbs; link colors are handled via special properties, text colors are handled by the "standard" options.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
1. Did you know that you can't put a space between the numeric value and the "px?" Duh!

2. Got it.

3. Hmm, I have lots of mod ideas.

4. See number 1 above.

Thanks, everyone.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
1. I did, most others probably don't :x

2. good! wink

3. Bring them on over wink..

4. see 1 :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)