|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2 |
Hi all,
New here, so forgive me if I'm struck with the dumb stick when it comes to these issues. I have a website with UBB Version 6.1.0 and would like to update it. I have purchased a year's Member Area subscription and 1/2 hour of service time. I don't know what to do next to update my board, though. Can someone please help ?
best, James
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057 |
Hi james, You can upgrade your self, i'm assuming your using UBB classic?
If so this involves a Import / program to be run. And depending upon the size of your forum can take anywhere from mins to hrs?
Can you let us know what version you are currently running? Classic or Threads.
BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1 People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Well, theres 2 UBB's... Theres UBB.Threads and UBB.Classic...
In either case, to get to the latest version, you have to upgrade to the latest 6.x build of THAT software, then "import" to UBB.Threads7.
If you don't feel comfortable with doing this yourself you have a couple of options: 1. Hire a developer (such as myself) to upgrade you. 2. Hire Groupee to upgrade you.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2 |
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in replying back. I believe I have UBB Classic 6.1.0 - I bought it in 2001. My bulletin board is http://www.jasonandthescorchers.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgiI have been busy expelling bogus members from my member records who were put there by spamming search engines, I assume. This is a tedious proces as there are 8000 of them and only 200 legitimate members. Does this process get easier on successive versions, and are the firewalls preventing this sort of activity stronger? How much would you charge to update, Gizmo? I bought a half an hour of service time from Groupee but I assume that won't be enough. Thanks in advance for your replies! James
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
In .T7 we have a "Captcha" system in place to thwart robots.
In classic you should just be able to search for members with a small post count (say 5) and make the process of eliminating bogus users a lot easier
As for migration time, I believe upgrading your forum through groupee isn't covered by support units.
As for rates, I'll contact you via PM
|
|
|
|
1 members (Rick Gardner),
283
guests, and
175
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|