Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
Is set and tested directory for file attachments and that passes.
Question is how do you turn that function on for I do not see it anywhere when creating a new post ?

Thanks, JR


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Control Panel / Forum Settings / Details / Forum Permissions / Enable File Attachments

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
short answer, you have to enable attachments in the forums you want to allow users to upload to.

complicated answer, see scriptkeepers post wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
I set this feature on and set the max file size allowed to 120K bytes and attempting to use a image that is only 74K get this error

UBB Error
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Files can be no larger than 100000.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

No matter what I set max size to get the same error

Anyone got a reason what I am doing wrong ?


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
php.ini also has a setting (although usually 2M) for max upload size.

still, your error message doesn't indicate that 74K should be a problem.. hrm..

can you set a very small size (10K) and get it to work at least?

just for test, that is

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I think it could aso give this error should the path be wrong; please ensure that the attachment directory checker validates that the directory exists and is writeable (chmod 777)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
Under attachment page clicking on test passes and reports:

Directory exists and is writeable.

Test passed.
------------------


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
I was able to upload a small JPG image
I then went to the upload directory and the jpg ( with rights of -rw-rw-rw- ) [and is correct file size] is there BUT
when I view the post I made image is not shown and instead get

-----------------

Attachments
A red X with name of file

What is the reader supposed to see or do with attachments ?



Last edited by teamzr1; 06/26/2007 8:36 PM.

JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
right click on the file and verify that the URL it says matches the physical disk location.

one question. is your upload directory outside of your www root? in that case, the directory would test successfully, but not be seen via the web..

just a thought

2c

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
upload for attachments is sub directory of main ubbthreads directory which is below WWW

Right click for properties shows

http://www.teamzr1.com/home/teamzron/public_html/ubbthreads/attach/2-stockinj.jpg


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
whoa.. your directory is wrong.. prolly should be '/home/temzron/public_html/ubbthreads/attach/' for the path to attach in config.inc.php

do you have your base_url (config.inc.php) set to /ubbthreads ?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150

Last edited by Gizmo; 06/26/2007 9:14 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
Thanks Gizmo that was it the path,

At 1st I had teamzr1.com/ubbthreads/attach

Then I expanded it as the properties of image on post showed and really is the content of that admin attach page does not state the http:// has to be used when the attachment directory URL above that does not use it.



JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
I had tried that and it failed

Originally Posted by Sirdude
whoa.. your directory is wrong.. prolly should be '/home/temzron/public_html/ubbthreads/attach/' for the path to attach in config.inc.php

do you have your base_url (config.inc.php) set to /ubbthreads ?


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)