Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
I put some events on the public calendar for June thinking they'd show up (or at least the day would be highlighted) on the mini calendar that's on the home page. In the portal settings, I made sure the "always build" was checked. Am I thinking wrong, or are they supposed to show up?

http://www.horizonsk8school.org/index.php

Also, if I have a forum and several subforums, do I have to give each one separate permissions, or will it just rely on the permission set in the highest level forum? Meaning do I have to set permissions for (see link below) K/1, 2/3, 4/5, MS, plus all MS subforums, or can I just set them in Homerooms?

http://www.horizonsk8school.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=1

I'm sure I have more questions, but they're continuing to rattle around in my brain and can't find their way out at the moment.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
Okay, I'm now seeing that the mini calendar (yes, that one right there --->) has the dates highlighted... What am I doing wrong with mine?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
RE: Calendar
Make sure you're posting things that are not private; private entries don't show in the mini calendar.

RE: Permissions
Each forums permissions are independant.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
So, I chose public on both and if I go to the big calendar, I can confirm that it does say "public" next to the detailed view of the events. Other ideas?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)