Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
I have been using 2 or 3 domain name e-mail addresses for years now but recently I wasn't getting any replies to mail that I sent.

I sent an e-mail to my dad over the weekend (He's on BT Yahoo Broadband) but he never received it. So, I sent the same again from 3 different domains. He didn't receive them either. I asked about his Outlook spam filter and he said that it was enabled but it filtered into a junk mail folder rather than deleting them so he would have seen it in there. I told him to log in to Yahoo webmail and check that. Sure enough, the spam filter was enabled by BT Yahoo and all of my mails were in the junk folder.

* So, why, all of a sudden have my domains been classed as spam e-mailers?
* How to I get my domains lifted from any blacklists?
* What's the point of sending any e-mails if you don't know if the recipient is ever going to get them?

Maybe another reason why people register and never post - they don't receive a confirmation e-mail from the site.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
sk, I sometimes have emails from people who said they didn't get their registration email. When I asked them to check their junk mail folders, they always find it. And Hotmail is awful. That totally blocks the registration emails.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
I have Outlook set to instantly delete junk mail. In the morning when I connect it usually says that it's downloading 40 - 50 e-mails and I actually only receive about 5 every time.

I have just altered the setting to move junk mail to the junk mail folder, did a send & receive and 12 went in to the junk mail folder. 4 of these were genuine website related e-mails! I now dread to think what has been auto-deleted in the past. eek

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Easy answer, SPF...

With freemail providers, if you don't have a clear, proper, anal, SPF record on your domain, you're sending spam...

What does this mean to the everyday site owner? Expect your mail to be flagged as spam according to your mail provider.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Ok, I'll bite. What's SPF? smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
clicky clicky

Quote
A protocol used to eliminate e-mail forgeries. A line of code called an SPF record is placed in a sender's Domain Name Server information, which can then be used by an incoming mail server to verify a sender before allowing a message through.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)