Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#188409 06/23/2007 6:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
I can't upload an avatar using the upload option. The director is set and tested. File type is correct. Sizes I have tried are 80 pixels wide or less. I increased file siz to see if that mattered. Files are converted to 80x80 at shrinkpicyures.com. The files never arrive in the directory at the ISP. When I press submit the screen pauses and rewrites but nothing happens. I can link to an avatar I have uploaded. Interestingly I uploaded an avatar to another directory ubb/Avatars and was using that avatar. Then tried to upload a new one to ubb/Users using the control panel. That upload failed and the avatar reverted to the lat on previously used in the ubb/User directory.

In any event, the option to upload a proper avatar seems to be broken or I have something configured wrong.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
member
member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
i'll try it on my board. never tried it

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
member
member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
i don't seem to have an upload avatar option. i see these options. i have version 7.1

-Your current avatar: AVATAR IMAGE HERE

-I no longer want to have an avatar.

-URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 48x48 pixels; .gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

-Use a stock avatar.

looking in user prefs under my stuff. not working in the control panel

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Marty, i don't think it allows you to upload avitars if the avitar path isn't set in the control panel.

Pop, what setting do you have for your upload path? What is that directory chmodded?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
member
member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
cool thanks i'll set that

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
My upload path is set but they still don't upload. I had a another weird thing happen as well.

I went into My Preferences to change my signature and the URL to the avatar I FTP'd manually to another directory vanished. The product didn't retain the pointer to the avatar. Board at my location is 7.1. Registered users can upload avatars if someone wants to try it.


Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
It works great at this site! wink

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 59
Bone head sysop....It was MY fault. In FULL URL I left out the http://

Works good now.

Back to UBB school I go.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Lol was just about to ask if the URL and PAth where correct, then was going to force you to post it :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)