Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#189853 07/03/2007 5:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Tut, tut, tut. Bad member. wink

[Linked Image from haroldandrews.com]

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Do you know something we don't? confused

driv #189858 07/03/2007 6:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
LOL, it was showing a "Stop Hot Linking" image before.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i saw that too wink

SD #189869 07/03/2007 6:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
I borrowed that from a friend and I'm hosting it myself. smile

http://www.haroldandrews.com/avatar/bobbi.GIF

Harold #189870 07/03/2007 6:38 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Ah, I thought you might have been trying some antileaching code and blocked yourself. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 684
Nope. I don't do that. When I find a bunch of leaching going on, I sign up at the offending forum and go looking for my stuff. Some of my graemlins are quite popular with a few of the EVE communities. wink

Harold #189883 07/03/2007 7:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Ive had so much stuff nicked i give up now.
And accept its just the way it is.

Less headaches and frustration.
Shame really as that attitude has knocked the wind out
of my sails to going that extra mile at times,
where i always used too frown

But saying that, something that i read a long time ago was this
"If you don't want it nicked don't post it"


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #189897 07/04/2007 12:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
here I thought he was popping the blue pills again... wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #189937 07/04/2007 6:56 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Ok, what is "anti-leaching" and why is it a bad thing? smile

Rose #189939 07/04/2007 7:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Antileaching isn't a bad thing. It's applying a few lines of code to your .htaccess file and it stops people from "hot linking" your site goodies such as jpg, gif, png, css files.

Hot linking is when someone uses and image (for example) on their site but links to it from yours instead of hosting it on their servers. This means that if you get 10 visitors and they get 1,000,000 visitors they are using all YOUR server bandwidth up. Naughty!!!!

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
It just so happens that Mr Gizmo posted an anti-leaching thingymibob recently so I thought it might be related.


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
That I indeed find so wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)