Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#190483 07/09/2007 1:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
I've searched the forums but haven't located the answer so I hope it's OK to post it here. I have a phpbb v2 message board and am considering switching to ubb threads. Is there a way to import the topics/members/etc. into UBB? I would HATE the thought of having to start over from scratch.

Appreciate any assistance,

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yes, in fact, the only non-groupee product that has a completed importer is the PHPBB importer; this is available from the members area and I'm pretty sure it's PHPBB2 (as I helped test it during initial beta testing of ubb7)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Yes, in fact, the only non-groupee product that has a completed importer is the PHPBB importer; this is available from the members area and I'm pretty sure it's PHPBB2 (as I helped test it during initial beta testing of ubb7)


It does I converted several for my friends already Gizzy laugh


Happy Customer !!!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I slaved Rick on parts of that.. Then 7.1 started and we stopped at a point; my goal was to have it import as much data as it did from Classic lol... Lets just say, phpbb is really anal when it comes to user titles and groups


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks for the assistance and info! I've got a basic board, no hacks or bells and whistles. I used UBB a few years ago and liked it a lot...many features phpbb doesn't have.

My next question, and again I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place is how do I find someone to install UBB on my domain, do the import, and install some hacks? Of course, I will be happy to pay.....I just don't know how to go about it.

Much appreciation

My email, if it's not displayed in my profile is:
[email protected]

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
We, Groupee, do offer installation/import services, but do not install any hacks. So either we could do the first part and then you could find another to do the hacks, or you could just hire someone else to do all of it. There are several people that do this, usually the best place to visit for hacks is the modification site at https://www.ubbdev.com

Rick #190510 07/09/2007 12:42 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
Thanks Rick,

I just placed my order for the license and installation. Once I get the info, I'll figure out what to do next. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Hacks, Mods, Addons (UBB.Sitemap for example) are all something that most of the developers at ubbdev can do (well, other than the sitemap since it's my licensed script)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)