Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#190569 07/10/2007 12:08 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I see in the docos it mentions being able to publish your board on an RSS feed. Can the boards receive RSS feeds and format them correctly or would I need another php script to handle this for me?

I'm new to this news feed business but am very interested in getting it on my site. I'm not positive it's RSS that I want but a lot of creative sites I read through have automated ways of publishing news articles from major news sources.

If ubbthreads doesn't handle that directly can anyone recommend one that works well with ubbthreads? I'm assuming i'll have to hack up ubbthreads to format my news articles the way I want, or at least to interface the board's forums will those news articles. Is that too hairy for all but the most experienced php / mysql programmer?

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is an addon at UBBDev that feeds RSSFeeds into a forum of your choosing, I have this in action on my "UGN Security" site in my signature (and EliteWebGamers for that matter).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29