Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1885 07/25/2006 2:33 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 15
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 15
I would like to see the option to have custom headers by category, similar to the way they can be done for each forum.

Also, I think there should be an option to delete a private message when you're on the screen to read it and not have to go back out to the private message list, check the delete box and then submit. It just seems like an excessive number of steps.

Last, why "My Space". Surely there's a more descriptive term that can be used (such as "Personal" or something). Makes it sound like some personal web site.


Panther #1890 07/25/2006 3:33 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by Panther
Also, I think there should be an option to delete a private message when you're on the screen to read it and not have to go back out to the private message list, check the delete box and then submit. It just seems like an excessive number of steps.


Yes! Please....


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Panther #1893 07/25/2006 5:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Panther
I would like to see the option to have custom headers by category, similar to the way they can be done for each forum.

Also, I think there should be an option to delete a private message when you're on the screen to read it and not have to go back out to the private message list, check the delete box and then submit. It just seems like an excessive number of steps.

Indeed smile

Originally Posted by Panther
Last, why "My Space". Surely there's a more descriptive term that can be used (such as "Personal" or something). Makes it sound like some personal web site.

You can easily alter this via the language files smile

Panther #1913 07/25/2006 10:56 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Quote
Also, I think there should be an option to delete a private message when you're on the screen to read it and not have to go back out to the private message list, check the delete box and then submit. It just seems like an excessive number of steps.

This is already there. At the bottom of the PM is a button that says "Remove myself from this topic".

Quote
Last, why "My Space". Surely there's a more descriptive term that can be used (such as "Personal" or something). Makes it sound like some personal web site.

This is going to be renamed, various ideas have been posted so far.

Rick #1926 07/25/2006 5:31 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm warming up to "My Controls" lol


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #1931 07/25/2006 5:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
LOL yes the My Space title is getting a lot of chuckles from my community. I think the term is "emo" smile


Happy Customer !!!
Mors #1932 07/25/2006 6:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
I go nuts while thinking about a SHORT german translation for this ...


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Zarzal #1933 07/25/2006 6:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
"Kontrollen"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #1936 07/25/2006 6:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Sounds bad frown the 'control panale' is a german Kontrollpanel or Kontrollzentrum (long and longer) I tend to use the english term 'my Space'. Anyone know what it means. I go to sleep over it. Good night from Germany


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)