Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
Lost my favicon.ico setting with the upgrade to 7.2B4 or 7.2B5.

Just read through a number of good posts that state it can be a setting in the Control Panel, but I can't find it. Can anyone please tell me specifically where it is found on the left menu? Thanks!

Also, just a note. As a workaround I deleted favicon.ico in images/general/default and (I think) images/general/default_dark but that had no effect.

Thanks!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Each style can have its own "graphic sets", what you want to do is copy all data from the "images/general/default" to "images/general/custom"; and set the "General Images" dropdown in your style to "custom"; now any "global" changes from an upgrade go in the default folder, and any customizations are retained in your "custom" folder.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
Thanks, Gizmo, but I don't want each style to have it's own "graphics sets"! grin

All I want is to have my favicon.ico displayed instead of the default UBB one. I thought that replacing the actual file it in the two directories above would do it, but it must also be somewhere else that my search engine is not finding?

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i think your old favicon is cached.. try clearing your browser cache for that image or go for broke and clear it all, if you don't know how to clear just one thing

2c

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I was referancing how to keep a customized set of images so an upgrade won't break it; not too hard to keep it up to date...

But yes, all you have to do is overwrite it and clear your browser cache.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
Thanks! Clearing my cache (Firefox 2.0.0.4) did it.

I guess that FF was triggered to update the favicon.ico file immediately after the upgrade to 7.2 but when I replaced the file there was nothing to trigger updating it. I really should have tested it in IE and Netscape!

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
glad it worked ! wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)