Based on what I think I know:
The indicators on the left show:
1. New posts / No new posts (redundant with good style sheet control of background shading on that row, and far less noticeable)
2. Moved post
3. Locked topic
The indicators on the right show:
1. Attachment
2. Hot topic
3. Sticky
This is how I feel about the icons:
1. I'd rather show new posts with row shading. It's better. We're just going to remove that new post icon column to reduce visual clutter.
2. I like the moved icon and the locked icon and we'll keep those, but I wonder if they shouldn't be consistently left or right with the sticky / hot topic / attachment? Although I can imagine why you did it to prevent a string of little annoying icons grouped together.
3. I don't really care about the hot topic or attachment icons and would rather not have the visual clutter, so we'll remove those.
The way I'm going to do with is to just replace them with a transparent gif, but
(SUGGESTION STARTS HERE)
It would be much more convenient if I had control panel options to individually turn those icons on and off, or at least a stylesheet option (right now we have to do the whole group of icons or nothing).
Thanks!
Arch