Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#191501 07/17/2007 12:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
"How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again."

go on you can nick it and put it on your forum lol wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #191505 07/17/2007 12:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
LOL. Good stuff.

Mark S #191567 07/17/2007 4:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Mark S
go on you can nick it and put it on your forum lol wink


ROFLMAO - Quite funny one there Mark. I'm sure you didn't spend all night writing that one up so I'm thinking you nicked it from another site too - but thanks for sharing. Still laughing. grin

ntdoc #191575 07/17/2007 5:20 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
well one of my members posted it and i nicked it of my own site lol


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #191590 07/17/2007 7:32 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i saw that appear on my board couple years ago.. it's soooooooo close to reality laugh

SD #191620 07/17/2007 9:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I think mark is sleep deprived; that is all...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #191635 07/17/2007 10:07 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
I love it Mark! I'm going to nick it too. laugh

Mark S #191671 07/18/2007 12:09 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Okay so is "nick" an English term or slang? Understand it's meaning in your context Mark but first I've actually seen the word used as such.

ntdoc #191675 07/18/2007 12:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
English slang; I'm comfortable with it since my ex place of employment was based in the UK, I'm used to hearing oddities wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #191676 07/18/2007 12:33 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
every time i see 'nick' i think of either:

1. nick-name
2. cut myself shaving

SD #191689 07/18/2007 4:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
nick usually means to steal as in "He's nicked it", or prison as in "He's in the nick again!" although Sirdudes comments are in common usage here also.

driv #191690 07/18/2007 4:11 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
"in the 'nick' of time!"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #191719 07/18/2007 6:46 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
I understand a lot of "British-speak" because we have lots of Brits in Australia. Plus Australia has kept more British-speak than America has. Another way they use "nick" is "nick off!!" - which is a nice way of saying "f*** off". laugh

Rose #191727 07/18/2007 8:37 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
member
member
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
Classic stuff Mark
laugh

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
lol, I'm going to have to remember "Nick Off"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Mark S #191827 07/18/2007 6:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Look what you started Mark.
Now the members over on my site are coding it and golfing down the code for it. tongue

http://www.kixtart.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=178023


driv #191847 07/18/2007 6:56 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
pmsl that's soooo funny NT lol

< Wipes tears from eyes > why am i laughing so much,
i must be a geek frown

Originally Posted by driv
nick usually means to steal as in "He's nicked it", or prison as in "He's in the nick again!" although Sirdudes comments are in common usage here also.
Got it in one wink


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #191873 07/18/2007 9:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
All your forum Members are belong to me.




Cause I said it first.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by David Dreezer
All your forum Members are belong to me.




Cause I said it first.
Wheres the :flex:™


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #191987 07/19/2007 2:28 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
:flex:


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
[Linked Image from kixhelp.com]


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)