Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#191536 07/17/2007 1:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Before upgrading to 7.2, I had two users saying they couldn't initiate a PM (although they could reply). Upgrading to 7.2 fixed the issue for them. smile

I have another using saying he still can't use the "Preview Post" button. He's on a PC on a corporate network, with most likely a firewall.

Wondering if anything might change in the JavaScript for buttons like "Preview Post" in 7.3?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Can he post at all? or just not preview?

It could be a timing issue, a browser, Antivirus

You would need to get more information from the user to determine the actual cause.

ntdoc #191569 07/17/2007 5:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
When i went 7.1 to 7.2
members said that the switch to full reply wouldn't work

After CTRL + F5 a few times they reported it fixed wink

I assume you have asked them to clear there temp internet files?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
yeh I made rick redo the pm system; as it became more and more popular of a problem for more and more users (other than me!)

Some systems security settings (or browser settings) may b0g ajax (javascript in this case) so it'd likely be that culprit


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)