Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
Set to be either locked or allow people to reply to them.


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
But you can ??


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
Hm. I've never seen regular users able to reply to a thread that's set as a global announcement?


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
My only request on Global Announcements is this; where global announcements are shown on the category index page where everyone HAS to see them...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
Eh, I have alot of users that live INSIDE of a category and won't jump out to the category index much at all.


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, announcements already are displaed within each forum; so those trolling along may eventually see them; my sugguestion is based on a mod for phpbb which always gained my attention, which in itself is a hard enough thing to do wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
Yeah, if you do that in addition to tacking it to the top of the forums, then cool smile


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
lol yeh, this would be seperate from the current system, it'd simply tack them to the top of the cfrm index...

You now, catching my attention is a lot like trying to hookup with a celebrity... Chancese are it'll never happen; but if you do it'll likely be the best or worse thing you could ever do! :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Agree that you should definitely have the option to allow people to reply to a global announcement.

At the moment you have to create a second post on a forum to get people's views or comments on the subject matter.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
I didn't know until recently that a global announcement couldn't be replied to.

I put up a notice about closing the site down to upgrade it to 7.2, added Mark's list of features, and then wondered why nobody replied to it. Finally somebody started a new topic so they could comment on it.

So yes, I'd like to have the option of people being able to reply to a global announcement too. smile

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Well what might be better so as not to pollute a Global Announcement is to put a link in it to another post where it can be discussed like Rick does here all the time.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ian
Agree that you should definitely have the option to allow people to reply to a global announcement.
I agree



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
I agree the Admin should have the OPTION but just saying that in some cases it might just pollute the announcement.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
True, totally agree with you; but for some communities, it's kind of worthless to open 2 threads every time you want to make an announcement...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
agree - that is why it must be an option.

Also if people can comment it keeps the original announcement fresh, and more people will read it rather than ignoring it.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Would still like to see this, along with separating the sticky posts / announcements from the rest of the forum by a small gap.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)