Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#191983 07/19/2007 1:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
I've been running UBB.Threads for several months now and spiders (google et al.) are now showing my new UBB.Threads links instead of the old UBB.classic links.

Is there any preferred process for removing the old UBB.classic installation, or do I just nuke it and all it's directories and files in the cgi-bin directory?


Member since November 2004
Gold Member since Feb 2008
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Just nuke it - I did, no worries smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
You can delete, but unless you need the space you might consider keeping them up - all those topics are in other people's favorites, search engine cache files, etc. I still have mine up after > a year of being on threads (I have a few gb's extra space tho smile ).

Removing the files may be traded off with the increase in your log files dues to all the 404's that will be filling it up wink


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 198
ah, okay.. I'll leave the two redirect scripts but backup/remove all the members, posts, cgi,s etc. and watch the 404s to see what happens.

thanks guys!


Member since November 2004
Gold Member since Feb 2008
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I purged all data and kept the redirectors up; I just recently took down the cgi redirector but still have the php redirector up (as it lives in the noncgi directory its not in the way)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)