Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 24
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 24
My old ubb.classic had a Spam break in. I suspect it was through my lack of diligence on chmod. So I upgraded to ubbthreads.

So I followed directions to the letter this time. But it does not specify root folder (ubbthreads) chmod setting for the root directory.

Also how does it store and pass database account and password. I want to make sure I'm secure on database as well

Last edited by [email protected]; 08/15/2007 7:13 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The database info is stored in a php file, in your includes/ directory (config.inc.php), as it's held within php tags it will not be shown to the browser.

The threads root directory should be 755 (the default that a directory should generally be created as)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)