Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#195591 08/28/2007 6:24 PM
journeyman
journeyman
It would be great if 7.2 has Content Islands like the old UBB.threads™ 6.5.4 that I am still using. I can not see how to add the new .php files to display the last 5 posting for each forum.

I used to be able to display Content Islands on the right homepage of each site within New Zealand's Information Network like you see on the sample sites listed below.

New Zealand's Information Network New Zealand's Information Network
Golden View Motel Golden View Motel
Airport Garden Inn Hotel & Conference Centre Airport Garden Inn Hotel & Conference Centre

The pages I am using for the Websites is HTML and I cannot see how to use the new code given rss1.xml code to achieve the same result. If you look through the sample sites provided you will see I have made full use of the wrappers that you can display around each individual message board, the way we run our Network is as a group. Every Website within our Network has its own Message Board which points back to the main Message Board of New Zealand's Information Network.

It works really well, however, being able to have a content island on the top right hand side is a great way for each individual Website owner to get their Message Board seen and used. Any help much appreciated.

If you are clever enough to give me a hand in pulling the rss1.xml content from the file to display in a box I would be most grateful if you could post it.

Best Regards

Danny de Hek - Below is our Office Cam Image

[Linked Image from newzealandnz.co.nz]
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
What you could do either by editing the webserver configuration or by adding an .htaccess file is make it so your html pages can contain php code. Then you can just use the External Use code for the Post Islands right in your .html pages.

Right now that's probably the only way, as to even use the RSS portion of it would require it to be parsed out before it would display.

I do need to get in an option to use the content islands via javascript, but they've changed quite a bit and haven't figured out a way to do that completely yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 868 guests, and 467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29