Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I have been looking at the stylesheets available and most are really nice, some are just fantastic works of art...
The only problem I see is that the nicer they are the smaller the font...
I need larger fonts.
Can anyone suggest a couple of nice stylesheets with large fonts?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I have a mod over at ubbdev which allows your user to adjust the font size on a per-page basis to what they feel is best, which would allow you to only have to maintain 1 copy of a style vs several for differant font-sizes.

Generally, only one copy of a style is created as they have to be updated and maintained; and when you get to users who create numerous styles, it can be quite a handful to make all of their styles (in my case, about 25 and growing) in several differant revisions.

You can also take and update the style yourself, it's fairly easy to do, just change the "font-size" element to whatever you feel comfortable with while editing the style through the style editor in the control panel.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Hi Gizmo,

Can you provide the link directly to the mod, please? I looked around a bit but didn't see it.

What I really need is a way that users can (usually in IE) view font size as largest. Somehow that functionality doesn't work on my forums since the upgrade to threads. I noticed that it works on the UBBDev forum. Any advice?

Thanks much!
Bill

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The mod that I was referencing is clicky

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Thanks! Do you know why the browsers view sizes don't work with this version of threads?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I know changing font size in Firefox works, with Ctrl and (+/-). Not working with IE, I guess it's the way the font sizes are declared in the stylesheet perhaps.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
yes and if someone must override it more permanently, they can go the greasemonkey route for any particular site.

eg: i'm doing something similar with the black/gold font type for this site

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Awesome. I will post the Firefox info for the "old guy" having the issues seeing the font (not me). smile

Thanks for all you do, Rick!

Bill

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Originally Posted by Rick
I know changing font size in Firefox works, with Ctrl and (+/-). Not working with IE, I guess it's the way the font sizes are declared in the stylesheet perhaps.

yah, i think IE barfs on XXpt but not on XXpx or vice versa.. i am slightly sure it handles one, but not the other. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29