Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
This is more of a curiosity question.

I had forum turned off before and after my import from Classic to Threads. Today I turned the forum on briefly and noticed the threads were showing page view counts. I know these threads aren't being accessed by users, so how would they have any views?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
How long were the forums turned on for..?
How many many page views did you get at that time?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Only a few minutes and all ended up with page views. One had over 2,000.

I think I remember when I first imported to Threads, most of the topics had some views, so I assume the import process arbitrarily gave views to threads.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Very strange!

I can only think that you were being 'spidered' at that exact time and got unlucky...

It does happen frown

Although, there may be more enlightened posters here who may offer a different (and more enlightened) opinion smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
Well it did import views from the commonly used "hit hack" from UBB.classic. If this mod was not used, the reply count was used as the total views, since in theory, the topic was viewed once for each reply at least.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Thanks Ian.

I didn't use the hit hack.

And, the views were much higher than number of replies, so it's picking the views up from somewhere.

Not really an issue, just more curious than anything.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)