Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
So I'm trying to migrate my aging 6.x community up to 7 finally, and seemed to have missed something along the way. So far, I'm at the part of just installing 7.2.2, and using the importer to copy the database over. And now I'm staring at an unthemed page, with tons of broken images. For example, all the graemlins in the control panel are pointing at http://beta.empegbbs.com/images//eek.gif when it looks like it should be http://beta.empegbbs.com/images/graemlins/default/eek.gif

Also, the themes page doesn't have a default theme to start with, and trying to import the old one or even starting from scratch results in php errors. I've gone back over both the install and migration documentation and neither really seems to cover what to do.

Any pointers on where to go next? Should I do a clean install with a new admin user and use the setup wizard to get a default theme, or does that also leave you without a starting point?

Thanks,
Tom

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It almost looks like there is no theme specified at all. When installing 7.2.2 it should come with the default. If you go into the Styles section of the control panel do you have the 2 default themes of ubbthreads and ubbthreads-dark?

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Control Panel - Styles doesn't list any styles there. If I click Create New Style, I get a somewhat broken page and the following errors at the top:

Code
Warning: main(/home/drakino/bbs/beta.empegbbs.com/styles/1.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drakino/bbs/beta.empegbbs.com/admin/editstyle.php on line 86

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/drakino/bbs/beta.empegbbs.com/styles/1.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/drakino/bbs/beta.empegbbs.com/admin/editstyle.php on line 86

Checking the ubbthreads-7-2-2.zip file I downloaded, the styles directory does not have a 1.php. It only has an empty images folder, an index.htm and wrapper.php.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It sounds like the default styles didn't get imported for some reason.

In your original zip, look in the install directory. You'll see a styles directory there. That should contain 2 style files 1.txt and 2.txt. What you can do is use the "Import Style" button in the control panel, and then browse to those and import them. That should give you the default styles.

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
That looks like it was it. Once the styles were imported, that section of the control panel started working properly, and the other images are also appearing now. Any idea why this got skipped during the install process? I've done it twice, and both times had the same result. All the permissions checks are passing that are done before install.

Also, thanks for the quick response on this, always appreciated the support here.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
7.2.2 doesn't import the styles (from anything prior to 7.0.0), you have to upload them from the zip file/folder then edit them to how you like.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 727 guests, and 159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29