Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
I have a post in a forum titled: "I Love This Town" used on MLB
It shows on the forum list as: "I Love This Town&quo...

I understand why it's doing that, but is there any way of fixing it?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, this is an issue due to the truncation method to ensure subjects don't get "too big" to stretch content in the title...

If you where to take this out, it'd scroll content out, else you would have to leave it as is.

The problem is that quotes are converted to their ascii variant (for xhtml com pliancy), as the truncation string tries to keep things under a specific number, it nukes it before the ascii can truncate. the only real fix is to have your users not use quotes... which would be insane to do lol...

I'm wondering if we could get it to use some sort of regex filter at some time in the future...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 49
Is it not possible to do the ASCII conversion *after* the truncation?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 196
Gizzy, that was fixed in 7.3


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)