Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#197752 09/20/2007 10:13 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67

My users think that attaching files to PMs is a good idea. So do I, really. I'm not sure why we don't allow it?


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
If we can turn it off for those who do not want it (=me smile ), why not! The technology is there.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I agree, if they can be turned off it wouldn't matter to me either smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm thinking that the reasoning for the current implimentation is that generally admin's would want all attachments to be public to everyone so that they can "somewat" manage things (see who's posting what, how many attachments, etc).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Could also be that they just haven't got around to it smile

We don't allow attachments all together, we don't have the diskspace for it, nor do we want to cough up the data traffic it would generate for our community which is superduper photo driven. Also gallery stuff is out the question for us.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
It is interesting if people started using it for non-legit attachments... porn, etc., then I wouldn't be happy.


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (vscope), 384 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)