Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#197917 09/22/2007 5:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
R
stranger
stranger
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
I deleted a Gallery Forum from my board, but the folder and files remain in the forums directory. When I try to delete the files using FTP I get a "permissions denied" message. Permission is also denied if I try to CHMOD the directory or files from the current "755" to "777".

Having the old files remain in the directory doesn't bother me, but they are preventing me from backing up my web by being there. I must be missing something. Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks...

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I have this too sometimes, but somehow I can always CHMOD through ssh access.

if that fails, you could write up a php script that would delete the files, they are written from a php script, so you can kill them from that place.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Sounds like your webserver is configured to set the "owner" of files that apache creates as "Apache" vs chowining them to your user account; you'll need to have your webhost chown these files to your user account so that you can manage it.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)