|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4 |
After installing and testing ubb we changed the server name and IP address to get it into production but now I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ubb\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 44. So I manually put entries into Database_Server Database_User and Database_Password but still get the error. MySQL service loads fine and the 'ubbthreads' database I previously created is there. Thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
Something in the DNS name to the SQL server wrong? Maybe add the SQL server as ip adres for now?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4 |
I think you mean to add it into the Database_server field in the mysql.inc.php file? I tried it. The error message never changes no matter what I enter in those fields. Because there's other MS SQL server databases I had to enter the old server name into the HOSTS file for the other databases to work, but didn't do anything for this.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
no, all you do is simply change config.inc.php
nothing else needs to be modified.
i do this all the time with a development server vs the live version.
i actually just have config.inc-LOCAL.php and config.inc-WEB.php and copy whichever one i need to config.inc.php for ease of switching.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
You can connect to the database with something like phpmyadmin?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
You actually have the problem in bold:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ubb\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 44.
Basically that means that on the server you are now on, mysql_connect() isn't available to PHP. You'll need to check your php.ini file on the new server and make sure the mysql settings aren't commented out.
|
|
|
|
1 members (Geoff),
614
guests, and
85
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|